Working with Tricolor Associates and Deborah Evans
The restoration of an early twentieth century ecological garden.
Created by the Reverend Wilks (famous for, amongst other things, the selective breeding of the Shirley poppy) from 1912 where he worked with the land he had bought.
A mixture of woodland, bog and acid grassland, he embellished what he found with sympathetic informal planting placed within the grass. He adopted the minimum of intervention with no formed paths, only mown grass and woodland tracks.